Tuesday, January 29, 2019

DIGIPAK: Album Cover

Setup:
...
...

Vase (Photo):
Above is a video I quickly took to show how I set it up with the tools I had available.
The vase is a symbol we also will use in the music video so I thought it would be a good item to have as an album/digipak cover as it shows convergence. Below is the final result of picture taken:
First I took a picture in automatic mode and realised it had a quite yellow tint, I then changed the settings on the camera like the exposure and white balance.The picture below is what I managed to produce.

The white was much more predominant in this picture so I decided to go with this for the album cover. After removing the background and making the vase monochrome I played around with Photoshop to create a moody background and changed a few letters in the album title to be a bit more edgy and Indie.

Photoshop/Album Cover:

Then I created a Limited and Deluxe edition album cover
Deluxe Edition

Limited Edition

1 comment:

  1. The monochromed image is quite striking, especially the accentuated shadow (layering opportunity?), so might be an option for inner panels (whole/smashed)?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Comments are moderated